Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Vim Color Schemes

Since deciding to get into Vim, I seem to have wasted a considerable about of time on color schemes! After discovering how to get 256 colors in my terminal window (Hint: It works with PuTTY out of the box, just set your TERM environment variable to xterm-256color),  I decided to put together my own 256 color themes.  Well, sort of.  I actually just copied the code from the Wombat theme by Lars H. Nielsen and modified the colors.

This is the one I'm using by default, it's high-contrast and it seems to work very well for the Perl/Template/JS/HTML editing I am doing most of the time. On account of the many bright colors (which I'm sure other people will think look ridiculous), I call this scheme Harlequin.




Inspired by the green/brown/white colors deployed by the marketing droids of the on-site coffee vendors where I work, I have created this scheme named Starbucks.




And of course to round things out and bring some balance, here is this truly evil dark-side scheme which I call Magma.




Of course, there are those who say that Starbucks® is the true evil, but I digress...

1 comment:

Adam said...

I noticed I left the g:colors_name variable set to wombat256 in the color files linked. Oops!